One Step Ahead of Them


My daughter was telling us the other night about Mr. S. Bucks that she and her classmates can earn in the classroom. It seems as soon as they have 100 points, they'll earn the right to stay home for the rest of the year!

Mr. S. was once a lawyer. It reminds me of the time my dad told my sister Monica that if she could keep her goldfish alive for a whole year, she could have a pony. He knew full well that goldfish life spans are only a couple of months. So what do you bet, my daughter's classroom earns the 100th point on June 4th? Got to appreciate Mr. S's sense of humor.

Just finished editing my colection of essays, "Sleeping with the Laundry: Notes from the Mommy Track and sent it off. They're publishing it as an iPhone application to come out this spring! It's very exciting. Here are some looks at cover works that I suggested to inspire the cover they design. The image to the left is the iPhone application we designed for my advertising agency where I work.

Let me know your favorite.
I Was a Good Mom Until I had Kids
I’d Trade My Husband for a Housekeeper
Sippy Cups are Not for Chardonnay

Also share your thoughts on the title.

"Sleeping with the Laundry: Notes from the Mommy Track"

Thanks for the help!

Comments

  1. Yay for you, Margee! I'll get your iPhone app fo sho and we can spread the word on My Mommy Manual too! How cool is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margee,

    Thanks for your comment over on my blog and your encouragement. I don't really update Daily Breadcrumbs anymore. I've got a personal livejournal, but no real public projects at the moment. Good luck with this blog!

    Cheers,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, teachers making school fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. S is an awesome teacher. He lets kids be kids and still they learn. Go figure.

    Thanks for the comment! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Hope you enjoy the site.
Best,
Margee

Popular Posts