3 Job Hunting Tips



I'm pleased as punch to announce that I've got a new job as a copy director for a local health care marketing group. It's tough to find a job in this market and here are some tips I learned:


  1. Don't waste your time on Monster. The number of jobs actually filled through these sites is startlingly small. Use these sites to see who has openings only.

  2. Spread the word you're looking. Tell all of your friends and connections you are looking for a job. All of my interviews were with people I already knew from the industry from working with them in the past to friends from the soccer field.

  3. Network. Attend events in your industry and set a goal to meet three new people. Find out what people do and ask if they know of any openings at their company.

Comments

Popular Posts