A Story of Frienship


Last week the kids had been playing in the car. They were sent outside for some fresh air and there they were. Anyway, they left the car lights on.

The next day, in my usual hurry to drive them to school and get to work, I go out and turn on the car.

Nothing.

Not a sound. It didn't even turn over. So I walked the kids to school and tried to figure out what to do next. I called a two neighbors. No one was home. I couldn't figure out what to do next. My computer was on the fritz so working from home was out of the question.

Rebecca. I'll call my friend Rebecca.

"I need to ask you a favor," I said.

"Yes," she said. "Whatever the question is, Yes!"

What a true friend. Despite her own priorities and how her day might or might not have been going-- kids might have still been in PJ. Dishes everywhere. Things to do. My friend was willing to drop everything to help me. That is the definition of friendship and I should try to be more like my friend every day.

Comments

Popular Posts